The title says it all.
Unless you aren't familiar with the term/word "hangry". Hungry + Angry = Hangry. And now you understand the title.
At this point, I want to make a state a disclaimer: This blog isn't really meant for the whole world to read. It's kind of just for me to come back to later on to see documentation of how everything is working during this two week experiment. Read on if you want, but you've been warned. There's a whole lot of raw honesty and 'me-talk' in here...
Anyways.
I hate being hungry...but only because of what it does to me. I actually enjoy the feeling of being hungry. I like having an empty stomach. But I get moody and tired and feel sick a lot of the time when I'm hungry. So I avoid it.
I didn't feel hungry today. I couldn't eat much, because suddenly everything seems to be made of milk or mold, and I think I was hungrier than I felt. I was overly tired from staying up late, too. So this morning was horrible. Absolutely rotten.
I almost snapped at a co-worker. He asked me to do something and I wanted to reason it out with him, tell him why I shouldn't be the one to do that. Instead, I responded by saying I could, but it might be the end of the day before I got to it. The response was ok, but my expression probably wasn't and my heart definitely wasn't.
I wasn't being loving; I was being selfish, worried about everything I had to do. It wasn't his fault I was busy. He had no idea what I had on my plate. And he probably had plenty on his own plate.
That's just an example of what my attitude was today. I struggled. I was grumpy and felt sick, but I didn't realize how sick I felt til my mom called.
She's been sick, and has bronchitis, and had texted to tell me she pulled a muscle in her back and was in a lot of pain. Of course I was worried about her, too. I answered when she called (they're really great and let us do that at work), but she didn't answer when I said hello. I only heard a lot of mumbling and painful moaning.
My mind started trying to figure out what was going on and jumped right to 'heart attack!' as I tried to get her to respond intelligibly. There was no answer, and then the call ended. I walked out of the office and called my dad, shakily asking him to go check on mom.
"Something's wrong! Just go see!"
"She's fine. All you can do is pray for her..."
That was not what I wanted to hear. Not when he was in the trailer (they're camping) and so was she and I could pray for her and know he'd checked on her.
"I need you to see her."
He finally went and checked on her, and explained that a friend was trying to massage away some of the pain, which was why she was whimpering (massages hurt her, but she still needed it), and she had accidentally called me.
I hung up from that call and felt like my strength was just about gone. I actually fell against the wall and slipped to the floor and began sobbing just outside the office door.
So much for wanting exciting or dramatic things to happen. No, I'll take boring over this any day.
So today in two words - sick and stressed. Blahhhhhhhh...
Well, there was more. I texted my Mom's friend, who is also my friend, and asked her to pray, and she called me and talked with me during my break and prayed with me. That made a big difference in my day.
As for the food, I tried to make do with what I could. Here's what I ate (don't judge, I had very limited options to work with, and limited quantities of those options):
Breakfast:
1/2 small serving of pork (It was wrapped in bacon, but I had to pull that off, because bacon might be smoked, which encourages mold. Whp'd'a thunk it.)
1/4 Avacado
1/2 Sweet Potato
Almond Milk
Snack:
1 Apple
Carrots
Lunch:
Lettuce
Tomato
1/4 Avacado
1/2 serving pork
Snack:
1/2 Sweet Potato
Dinner:
1 Serving Pork (yes, pork is all I have here at the house right now. Not my normal fare.)
1/2 Sweet Potato
A bit of raw Coconut oil on my Sweet Potato
Then I went to church. Then I marched myself to the grocery store and bought myself some Almond Butter. Protein!!!
I came home and cooked some rice. Then I had a snack:
1 Plum
A bunch of rice
Almond Butter (mixed in rice)
Yes, I do eat large night-time snacks.
That was day one of being milk and mold free. My goal tomorrow is to avoid sugar drops and nausea and general yucky feelings (thanks to Almond Butter).
And, Mom is home. My dad and sisters will keep living it up in the camper, and Mom came home to rest, which is exactly what she needs. She has a quiet house, some medicine, and a bunch of prayers going up for her. She is so loving and giving, and I'm so thankful she was able to set everything else aside and let others care for themselves and just go rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment